Sunday, March 6, 2011

I'm Back


Hi to all my blog followers,
As you may have noticed, I haven't been blogging for some time. My absence has been due to a number of things. I had to close down Sprigs Of This N That, my herbal remedy store along with my website. Then I had to close Emerald Light Circle In The Raw, my discussion board, and last but not least, my Henna By Tuliza website. I tell ya, it's been quite a challenge. I guess life would not be interesting without challenges.

I am so happy to see so many visitors and followers here on Tuliza Is Vegan And Raw. Thank you for taking an interest in my juicing and raw food journey.

Since the last time I posted, I have allowed myself to experience some vegan cooked food during the winter months and some being non-vegan, vegetarian prepackaged foods. Most of you know that I have been 100% raw vegan for four years now. The results of eating these foods, for me personally were not positive. Even though I ate, what most would say, healthy food, My body reacted as if I ate the worst junk food ever. I can only guess it is because my body had become so clean, it would no longer tolerate anything other than raw food without ill effects. The ill effects that I am speaking of is, craving to the point of overeating, weight gain, constipation, bloating and edema. The edema came as a result of too much sodium. It did not dawn on me that it was what I was eating that was the problem. I thought I had made healthy choices. For someone on the SAD(Standard American Diet), I did. I am proud to say that I am now back on track and am 100% raw again. I did, however, gain 12lbs in the process of my indulgence. This is not to say that healthy, cooked and sometimes packaged vegetarian foods are not good for you. It was my own personal experience that convinced me I needed to continue to maintain totally vegan raw lifestyle.

Each day provides a new opportunity for me make fine adjustments in my beingness. :)

No comments: