Thursday, October 16, 2008

138 days post juice feast

Wow! I haven't been here in a while. It's been 138 days since I completed the juice feast. Life has been good post JF and I've been enjoying my 100% raw vegan lifestyle. I must admit, I miss the way I felt on the juice feast. The euphoria and weightlessness made me feel magical. To be able to transform myself was an awesome experience. In August I made yet another major decision. I cut off all my dreadlocks. It was difficult letting them go, however, it was another step towards transformation and renewal. Cutting my hair meant letting go of the past and making room for the new.




I have to tell you that it wasn't easy when I first began this raw journey. I had many hurdles to jump. I was very ill, had difficulty walking and was overweight before going raw and then juicing. I needed to take better charge of my health so I went raw overnight and I never gave up. It was too important to me to turn back to the SAD(Standard American Diet). I don't suggest that everyone go 100% raw and I don't suggest doing it overnight. Go at your own pace. Do what's best for you. I still need to check in with myself from time to time. We all have our challenges. I find that I need to pace myself when feeling stressed or confronted with unplanned circumstances. Planning my meals is the key to my success. I find that if I do not plan, I have tendency to overeat nuts and seeds. For me, the most challenging of all, is my family and friends. I am the only one in my family who eats raw, therefore I am surrounded by cooked food daily. I still cook for my husband even though I do not eat the food I prepare for him. I feel empowered that I am able to maintain my diet with such challenges. When I go to out to eat I always have a cool bag with raw goodies and my own homemade dressing. I can create a wonderful vegan salad with my goodies to a basic dinner salad or a plate of raw veggies. I never feel left out at social gatherings. I just become more creative.



Today I have decided to go on a water fast because nine days from now, I will be celebrating my 50th birthday. I would like to begin this new phase of my life with complete purity. For the first time in my life, I can say that I have literally been reborn. Because of my raw and vegan lifestyle,at age 50, I am not on any medication and my health has improved by leaps and bounds.

Until next time,
Blessings to all

2 comments:

Alison said...

That's great! Glad you are doing so well! I need to get some of your will power :)

Madame One Tree said...

Tuliza your post and your site is inspiring. I truly hope you come back and talk more often. I have structural problems from a bad back, and severe hypertension. I could probably benifit from a vegan life style. I am vegetarian and haven't gotten the hang of keeping up my energy for some reason. Anyway blessings to you. You are very beautiful and look full of life and vitality.