Saturday, June 28, 2008

Life After Juice Feasting

Life After Juice feasting (Day 28)

It's been 28 days since I broke my juice feast. Settling back into eating has its challenges. Everything tastes so good. I have to watch myself carefully, as to not awaken old overeating habits. Being 100% raw vegan is a permanent lifestyle for me. I am setting new goals for myself as far as physical exercise. I was not very good about keeping up a routine in the past and my muscle tone reveals my neglect. I am continuing to feel fantastic. If It were possible, I would juice feast
for a year. It's not recommended to juice feast more than 3 months unless you
are under the care of a professional.

My sleeping patterns
Last nights sleep: Very Good
Night sweats: None
Chills: None

Dreams: I have some memory. Only bits and pieces.
Energy level upon waking: Moderate
Mood level upon waking: Very Good

This is what I had today

16 ounces of coconut water

Mixed sprout salad and dulse over baby greens w/ sunflower seeds and pepita seeds w/ flax seed oil, hemp oil, dried herbs and apple cider vinegar.

Flax crackers

Watermelon slices

8 oz of soaked prunes



Detox Symptoms: A little more sleepy then normal.

Eliminations: Daily
Food cravings: Only for raw vegan live food.

Physical changes: I started putting some weight back on. I did get pretty thin while juice feasting. I am now needing to maintain my current weight.
Emotional changes: I feel content and happy
Exercise: Walking to regain strength in my legs: 30 min


Challenges: Keeping the "sleeping giant"(appetite)from waking up, out of control.

My starting weight: 143 lbs
My juice feasting ending weight 119 lbs
Todays weight: 125 lbs
Total weight loss since juice feasting began: 24 lbs

Weight gain post juice feast: 6 lbs


My Goal is to create new emotionally healthy eating habits
My future self has a garden full of organic greens and luscious fruit trees .

1 comment:

MARYYX said...

Hi Tuliza
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! It is so encouraging when people stop by and comment.

I actually have not planted a number of fruit trees in my back yard. My pear tree, as usual, is loaded with pears which we will begin to eat in August, and which will last through November. I now have also planted an apple tree, two plum trees, two apricot trees, and a "fruit cocktail" tree - which has branches of different types of fruit grafted onto one tree.

I want to try planting different greens again in the early fall. It is SO hot here in Texas in the summer. My lettuce did great in the spring.

I've discovered that I have a ways to go in learning how to garden vegetables! My roses and flowers are still doing pretty well, but I've been having trouble with the veggies.

Have a super day
Mary