Thursday, July 1, 2010

Water Fasting


I decided to do a water fast and I have been fast for the past four days. Today marks the beginning of day 5. If you have read my last post, you know that I have been struggling with a relapse of a few cooked foods. Once again I am rebooting my system. This has been my experience thus far.

Day 1
This was by far the hardest. All I could think about was food, however, I was determined to cleanse and my hunger pangs did not get the best of me.

Day 2
It was much like Day 1 but to a lesser degree. I still would go through waves of hunger, however, I stayed focused.

Day 3
Detox symptoms became apparent. My skin started to breakout a little and I felt a little nausea. I never got a headache, thank God. I did get a terrible taste in my mouth along with a coated tongue.

Day 4
Very Emotional. Everything effected me. I found myself feeling very depressed. I ended up going to bed early. It was good for to rest more as my body was detoxing emotionally as well as physically.

Day 5(Today)
I woke up this morning feeling very well. I feel a sense of new found energy. Some of the uneasy detox symptoms have pasted. One of the things that I have been doing everyday, is testing my urine for ketones. Ketones appear in the bloodstream and is past through the urine when the body stops using glycogen and begin to use fat stores for fuel. In the last 5 days I have released 9 pounds. Some of which is water in the first few days.

I have fasted before, so water fasting is not a major challenge for me. I is not a quick fix to water fast. It takes some reading and mental preparation to do so. I don't recommend it unless you have experience and proper knowledge. There are contraindications for water fasting. People with Diabetes or Serious, life threatening health issues should not water fast. So please do not do this unless you are under supervised care of a physician.
I will be updating daily with my progress.
Until next time,
Namaste


2 comments:

ChocolateOrchid said...

Hi! I've never water fasted before but I've heard of it. May try it but I do understand that I'll have to do much mental prep.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Tuliza said...

Hi ChocolateOrchid,
As I stated in my post. It is important to know your health status in order to be safe. Not everyone can water fast.

Well wishes to you on your health journey.