Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Weight Release

Me before my raw food lifestyle and the 2008, 92 Day Global Juice Feast at 175lbs.


















Me, just a few days after completing 92 days of the 2008, 92 Day Global Juice Feast at 125lbs.









Hi Everyone,
Today I would like to share more about my experience with weight gain and weight loss. I have a history of being a compulsive overeater as well as a compulsive undereater. Although I was never considered obese, I did become overweight. Being overweight would trigger me to undereat to point of anorexia. It was a never ending battle. It wasn't until I discovered the raw vegan way of eating, that made the cycle end for me. I am not going to say I didn't have to work at it. When I started out, I was 175lbs, more than I wanted to be and more than what was healthy for me. I had a lot health problems in addition to the weight. My emotional health suffered too. I was often depressed and my self esteem very low. Embarking on the raw food lifestyle not only gave me a healthy way of eating, it lifted my spirit. I felt good about myself for the first time in many many years. I was not afraid of food any more. I reached a weight goal that I was very happy with. I maintained my weight goal for 3 years and then for some odd reason I started to slowly creep back up. What I didn't realize, was that I wasn't paying attention to my eating anymore. While I was still eating raw food, I wasn't eating consciously. I was eating healthy but I let the sometimes stress in life get in the way of my eating. Eating raw nuts and seeds became overeating raw nuts and seeds as well as avocados and the overuse of oils. Part of my disease of 0vereating is eating away my emotions and I found a way to do it with raw food. The good news is I never gained back the weight I started with. Most individuals on a standard american diet who go on a weight loss plan will do well if they stick to the plan. As soon as they come of the plan and resume old eating habits, they gain all of the weight back and then some. That didn't happen to me on raw food and that's a blessing. The increase in weight that I experienced was minimal and easy to manage. All I need to do is to adjust the type of raw foods that fit my personal health needs. Everyone is different metabolically. I've always had a sluggish digestive system and to many dense raw food slow me up even more. Juice feasting is my remedy and I have already released weight in just 6 days. My plan of action, when I resume eating, is to eat like I juice to maintain my new weight.

Day 6: I slept well last night, even though I had to get up around 3am to got to the bathroom. Lot's of liquid flowing through my system. My kidney's are getting an awesome flushing. Didn't do an enema this morning, however, I plan to do one early in the evening before my dinner juice. I noticed that my body is shedding old dead skin...awesome! I've been helping it along with a dry skin brush before my shower. My skin feels so smooth. I'm not sure if I'm going to do a full 92 days of juicing. It will depend on my weight. I may end up releasing to much weight by day 92.

Please feel free to comment and ask question. :)

Until next time,
Blessings

No comments: