Saturday, March 8, 2008

Day 7

Day: 7
(Time to go shopping)

Today I feel I need to go into more detail on my juice feasting experience. Now that I have adjusted to the whole idea of living on nothing but juice for 92 days, I realized how limited my posts are.

My sleeping patterns: In the past, I would have night sweats as well as chills all not long. This has been a symptom of my chronic illness. I would awaken in the morning tired and depressed and had difficulty getting through the day.
Last nights sleep: Deep
Night sweats: a little
Chills: none
Dreams: I don't remember them. I need to start keeping a dream journal.
Energy level upon waking: Moderate
Mood level upon waking: Good


Juice Schedule: This is important. I have had a a long battle with an eating disorder. Before going raw, I would binge eat when stressed, cold, tired, bored, unhappy or in pain. This was when I consumed cooked food. I would then feel guilty, gain weight, and swear to myself I would never binge again. I would then switch gears and do the opposite. I would go days without eating to purge myself of the shame. I found that the binge eating patterns found there way into my raw food lifestyle. Having a juice schedule will retrain my mind body and spirit to eat for nutrition and not for comfort. I also had a habit of eating to late at night and then going to bed uncomfortably full.

My personal Juice Schedule:
32 ounces of water w/ lemon and MSM* Time: 7:30am

32 ounces of green juice (celery, cucumber, spinach, dandelion green and green apples) w/ Nutiva* organic hemp oil. Time: 10: 30am

32 ounces of carrot and ginger Time: 12:30pm

32 ounces of green juice (celery, cucumber, spinach, dandelion greens and green apples) w/ Patagonia* bee pollen Time: 3:30pm

32 ounces of green juice (celery, cucumber, spinach, dandelion greens and green apples) w/ sprulina Time: 6:30pm

Detox Symptoms: Only a lightly coated tongue. I have been keeping it pretty clean with scraper.

Eliminations: Frequent urinating today. Bowel Movements happen when I have an enema(2-3) today.

Food cravings: I have been craving salt today.

Physical changes: Feeling thinner, however, I don't appear to look thinner.

Emotional changes: Some old hurts are trying to surface. They are memories of the past that I tucked away and didn't want to deal with at the time.


Exercise: Walking to regain strength in my legs: 30min
Belly dancing:
Muscle toning:


Challenges: SAD food eaters seem to be overly concerned about my juicing. They make comments such as "you can have just a taste of food" or Where are you getting your protein? I find it hard to make them see that I am getting protein and more. My hands are still quite chapped form continuous washing.

My starting weight: 143lbs
Todays weight: 140lbs.
Total weight loss since juice feasting began: 3lbs ( not counting the day I gained a few pounds because I think it was a healing reaction).


My future self is healthy, confident, and enjoying life to the fullest.

No comments: